Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hot plate & Tiny samples

Hotplate Steak House!

So after days and days of hibernating, Dave and I decided to double date with Kev and his new girlfriend.

We went to Hotplate Steak House in Chinatown in the city because i had the biggest craving for meat. We came here last time for Sheilas birthday and i found it amazing for the price we paid. Dave didnt eat last time so we went back today so everyone else could try it as well.

They have this deal that is pretty ridiculous, that for an extra $5 you could have a salad, garlic bread, soup, sorbet, dessert and drink to go with your hotplate.
hotplates starting from $14.95 - $39?
The ambiance is really nice, the place looked like a very modern, less uptight fine dining. but it was really hard to locate because there is a little red door with a stair case leading up to the restaurant.
 simple salad
Creamy corn soup and Russian soup. The soups were both nice, but the only thing that worries me was that when it was served, it was a little cooler than i expected, normally i would be blowing my spoonful of soup for ages before i could even sip it because I'm so sensitive to heat. but this was just warm.. it worries me to think either that they didn't keep it at the standard temperature.. or they left it out too long before serving it to us

This came along with garlic bread.. but i didnt take a picture of it :(
Mango sorbet. the palette cleanser. i can not describe how much i love this thing. its like a breath of fresh air...
My $14 New York Sirloin served with noodles and egg.
I hate eating my meats grey.. so anything well-done or close i just cant eat. So thinking that since its going to be on a hot plate, i ordered my steak to be cooked to rare.. so it could come out medium rare or medium.
But, to my surprise, it actually came out rare... LOL!! I'm very surprised because i never ever get the steaks i ask for.. and also, seeing as its on a hotplate. the chef would've known when to stop it and let it rest for it to actually come out rare..
but that just meant that my steak was rare... :( LOL!!!
Ohwell, it was actually nice. every other time i've had rare steaks they all tasted raw.. and it wasn't appetizing.
Dave and the others ordered the $40? Wagyu steak served with chips and veges.
For the value of quality and price, I honestly don't know. The steak was nicer than my one, more tender, but it was lower quality Kobe beef, but it wasn't bad.
It's just, you don't need to pay an extra $20 to be satisfied. 
 And for Dessert, all the others got creme caramal.. which they all finished.. didnt let me try any >=(
and i got a fruit plate..... yay...


I think this place is a goldmine seeing as the food was amazing for such a small price. I honestly dont want to over sell anything and see disappointed people.. because i did hear once from someone that they didnt like it.. but everyone has got their own opinion.

SAMPLES! and Tiny things!!
NOT an advertisement.


I get A LOT of samples.. weather its from buying stuff what includes samples, getting given them randomly in the streets.. given to me by friends and even getting some sent to my mail box.. i just get a lot of samples..
These ones are from my boss, she doesnt use eye make up.. but she buys so much other products from myers that she gets so much samples that shes giving me some.. and is gonna keep giving them to me =D!!! I love having a female boss!!
Cute little tea samples!!! THEY ARE SO TINY O_O!!!

I recently signed myself up for Bellabox
I randomly stumbled upon a very interesting little website that Aussies can sign up for to get 5 products/samples sent to your home for only $15 a month!
I am not advertising this brand, i am just amazed at the deal i just got.

After filling out a personal profile, they choose products that would benefit you from what you have specified in the profile.

This months box i ended up getting. (im going to list the sample, and the real product price)
5.0mls of foundation by benefit - 30mls for $55
perfume sample, Pure DKNY - 30mls $80
samples of Exfoliant, Facial serum and moisturiser from Comvita Brightening range -  Exfoliant 75mls $45, Facial serum 30mls $79, moisturiser 50mls $55
Nail polish by Ultra3 - 13mls $2
75mls Sea salt scrub by OP Therapy - 75mls $19
Feet gel cushion by Hollywood feet - $9.95

So i actually got more than 30$ worth of value for $15 which also includes Postage and handling.. 
I think thats amazing.
TINY FOUNDATION!!!! i couldn't stop squealing at how cute it was.. lol
Kerrie defiantly known me well..

And to my tiny keyring collection
A tiny box camera!!!!! 
THAT FLASHES!!
*Flash*

And for my mobile uploads today.
Kerrie delivered some Moochi to me at 12am the other day...
HOW AMAZING IS SHE!!! 
and when i ate it, i just wanted to cry.. it was just so yummy.

Yay BFFL! loool....
And to celebrate our little snow trip, i bought Tina and I a little something for our trip :)

Now.. to eat some yogurt and watch Sailormoon